Lock Poker Banner

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Look Back: Year in Review 2010


If you like my blog please click the BlogTopList vote button to the right. This will give my blog a better ranking & help increase traffic to my blog. Thanks.

To signup to play at Lock Poker:
1. Clear cookies & internet history
2. Either click the banner above or 1 of the following links:
http://refer.lockpoker.com/jaredhubbard
http://download.lockpoker.com/jaredhubbard
After signing up please make sure jhub3000@hotmail.com is listed as a safe sender in your email. You can also email me with any questions. Before you begin playing on Lock, or even if you already do play on there, you will probably want to read this post about optimizing the software: http://jhubpoker.blogspot.com/2011/06/making-most-out-of-lock-pokers-software.html


For daily updates & other ramblings please follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/jhubpoker


Please like my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jared-Hubbard-Poker/221586851240049

This will be the last of my Look Back: Year in Review Series.  Hopefully this helped familiarize some of my new readers with my poker career, and was still interesting to my long-time blog readers.  I will post my 2011 year in review sometime shortly after the new year.

2010 turned out to be another good year.  I made a lot of profit both pre rakeback, and in rakeback.  I finished the year #1 in 6 man SNG profit when combining usernames & #4 in 6-10 seated total profit when combining usernames.  While I had a much better year in 2008, 2010 almost felt better because of the year I had in 2009.  To get knocked down like I did in 2009 and climb right back up to the top just felt amazing. 

Click Images to enlarge.


Here's the top 5 total profit earners for 6-10 seated SNGs & 5-6 seated SNGs from 2010 when combining usernames based on sharkscope data:

6-10 seated SNGs:
1. jorj95: $198,410
Pokerstars
2. leoc00: $165,376
Global Alias
3. Josselthekiller: $143,730
Global Alias
4. Jared Hubbard: $131,354
Global Alias
5. Spacegravy: $128,667
Pokerstars

5-6 seated SNGs:
1. Jared Hubbard $123,554
2. Gramps (luckboxfromhell, etc...) $116,025
3. jorj95, pokerstars $114,738
4. 6maxgr1nder/Pokerpro333, cereus, pstars $ 89,706
5. 666AceOfSpades, full tilt $ 84,131
Click Images to enlarge

Yes Cutiepie85 was my screen name on AP.  I pretended to be a girl at first.

jorj95 unblocked his pokerstars stats & we all found out that he had absolutely been murdering the 10bb starting stack pokerstars hyper turbos at a level we had never seen before.  This brought a lot more grinders into the hyper turbo games.  Full Tilt finally significantly lowered the rake on their 10bb starting stack 6 man & 9 man SNGs and the trend started to take place there as well.  Within time hyper turbos were now the most popular structure of SNG.  The amount of games you can get in an hour and the rakeback made these a pretty easy choice for many grinders.  

I spent much of the year experimenting with different #s of tables, speeds of structures, and combinations of different sites.  I came to a conclusion that a break from the ultra high stakes was a good idea.  The games simply didn't run enough to ever get to the long run and I simply didn't want another bad run at them crushing an entire year of profits.  I needed to get my confidence back.  Shortly after FTP lowered their rake on hyper turbos I started playing some of the 6 man hypers.  At the end of the year I was playing strictly FTP and 16 tabling hyper turbos.

In 2010 some people who played both 6 man and 9 man SNGs had told me that the 9 man SNGs on FTP were actually softer than the 6 mans.  My had things changed since I started playing online poker.  Not only were 6 mans now tougher than 9 mans, but the traffic in them was actually higher than 9 mans as well.

As far as vacations in 2010, a couple of our friends got married in the Dominican Republic.  A group of about 20-30 of us made the trip for the destination wedding and stayed for the week.  It was a blast.  Other than that all I can think of was our standard week long camping trip in the summer.

My wife Paula, me, my brother's girlfriend Katie, & my brother Jeff in the Dominican Republic:

Posing for a pic w/ my bro & some friends after kicking their asses in a 5K race.

At Target Field with the wife.  We finally have a nice stadium in MN!

Halloween with wife & some friends: I'm Ron Burgundy?
Year 2010:
1,759.11 hrs
SNG Profit: $134,514.80
Rakeback/Bonuses: $134,412.98
Total Yearly Profit: $268,927.78

No comments:

Post a Comment