Lock Poker Banner

Thursday, June 30, 2011

June Monthly Review, Full Tilt License Suspended

If you like my blog please click the BlogTopList vote button to the right. This will give my blog a better ranking & help increase traffic to my blog. Thanks.

To signup to play at Lock Poker:
1. Clear cookies & internet history
2. Either click the banner above or 1 of the following links:
http://refer.lockpoker.com/jhub
http://download.lockpoker.com/jhub
Please email me with your screen name at jhub3000@hotmail.com after you signup for an account and make sure that jhub3000@hotmail.com is listed as a safe sender in your email. You can also email me with any questions. Before you begin playing on Lock, or even if you already do play on there, you will probably want to read this post about optimizing the software: http://jhubpoker.blogspot.com/2011/06/making-most-out-of-lock-pokers-software.html


For daily updates & other ramblings please follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/jhubpoker


For those of you viewing on facebook you can visit my blog at jhubpoker.blogspot.com for better viewing.


For those that haven't heard, Full Tilt had their license to operate suspended yesterday: http://www.parttimepoker.com/report-full-tilt-shut-down-by-alderney-gambling-commission

Players from anywhere in the world can no longer play there, deposit, withdrawl, or even login for that matter.  A hearing is set for July 26th.

For those of you now looking for somewhere else to play, I highly recommend Lock Poker.  We have good traffic, good software, good rewards, and good withdrawl options. 

Another bill to regulate online poker in the US was introduced this month as well: http://www.parttimepoker.com/new-bill-to-regulate-online-poker-introduced-in-u-s-congress

I have to think online poker will be regulated within a few years.  Surely our government can't be that dumb can they?  Then again, considering it hasn't been regulated yet they clearly are that dumb.  Still, I think something will get done in the near future.  Online poker is just too big and lucrative at this point.

I did some table selection articles for parttimepoker & WPT magazine but neither is online yet as far as I know.  I'll post them sometime after they're up.

I hardly played in June, playing less than 80 hours.  I'm always busy on weekends, had relatives in town for much of the month, and I was sick.  I did pretty well when I played though, playing mostly HU SNGs.

Outside of poker I went camping with my family but the weather was very poor for the summer as it was 60 degrees with some rain.  We had my grandma & granpa's 60th wedding anniversary party so we had lots of relatives staying with us throughout the month.  I went to the Timberwolves draft party with a friend & was shocked that we actually didn't screw up for once.  Considering the top 2 players were obvious it was hard to mess up the #2 pick, but rumors were flying about us taking Kanter, not to mention trading the pick to  anyone and everyone, including awful trades that made no sense like Steve Nash for the #2 pick or Paul Gasol for Kevin Love & the #2 pick.  It brought me back to the numerous T-Wolves fraft day screweups, including trading Ray Allen for Stephon Marbury, trading Brandon Roy for Randy Foye, taking Johnny Flynn over Stephen Curry, and the countless other 1st round busts we had like Ndudi Ebi.  With Ebi I think Kevin McHale watched The Air Up There before the draft & thought he had some great idea.  Ebi rarely played and was out of the league within a year.  I think you know how those other trades/picks went.  Derrick Williams may be a similar player to Michael Beasley, but he's far better than the next best option and we can always figure out trades at a later date.

Here's me camping with my 67 lb lap dog:


Team Vogel vs cancer weekend (http://www.teamvogelvscancer.com/team-vogel-fundraiser.html) was a big success.  I had my fastest 5K time of 24:39.  It's pretty good for not being a runner.  I would be interested to see what kind of time I would have got back when I was in top shape at 20 or 21.  My kickball team (10 Man Wolfpack) did alright, finishing 3rd.  It was a lot of fun though.  Many of us were just drinking and having a good time.  It's amazing how sore a guy can get playing kickball.  I workout year round, do some pretty intense workouts like P90x, & am in pretty good shape.  Then I go play kickball & I'm sore as hell the next day and still sore 4 days later.  I know it's just because my body isn't used to using the muscles in that way with the kicking, all the starting & stopping, etc... but I still find it funny to be sore from kickball.  I know I'm not alone on that one either as everyone else I talked to was sore too.  After kickball we went to the silent auction.  Our friend Nick was on a billboard for a truck driving school.  My brother got a copy of the picture that was on the billboard and had him sign it when they were drinking one night.  He entered it into the Team Vogel silent auction.  I decided that a Nick Granseth autograph should surely go for more than autographs by Michael Cuddyer, Joe Mauer, Gale Sayers, or Adrian Peterson so I put $450 down on it at the last minute, to make sure nobody outbid me for the prized piece.  After the auction we went and watched my brother Jeff's software team, who took 3rd.  We were gonna watch the homerun derby but it was raining so he just went home & showered before we headed out to the bars for the night.

Here's a picture of me with the one and only Nickie Geeeeeeeeeeeeez and my prized silent auction puchase:


My brother Jason owns a Mexican restaurant (Chula Vista in Winona).  They're working on adding some man vs food type challenge & he wanted people to try it out before they put it on the menu to make sure it wasn't too easy or hard.  Jason wanted me to try it out since he knew I could eat.  The challenge was to eat 3 dinner size chimichangas over a bed of rice in 45 minutes.  One would be beef, one would be chicken, and the other would be beef with jalapenos.  When he told me about it over the phone I thought it would be pretty easy.  Jason had 2 bigger guys he knew could eat try it out on Saturday and they both quit about 2/3 of the way through.  That had me thinking it might not be as easy as I thought but I still figured I could do it.  I went in the Sunday of Team Vogel weekend and when I saw how much rice they put on the plate my confidence dipped a little more, but I was still probably 60-70% confident I'd be able to do it.  It wasn't easy.  I had to take drinks of water with each bite on the last chimi to get the food down and was very full by the end.  I finished it in 42 minutes though.  Jeff's girlfriend was taking pictures & recording parts of the end on her phone so maybe I'll get those from her & post them.  I'm sure it was entertaining to the outsider.  When I was done I felt fine despite being very full.  That all changed when I got in the car.  Paula & I were riding with my mom back to the softball fields to watch Jeff's team play.  The motion of the car definitely did not agree with me and I was wondering if I would make it to the field without puking.  I made it there but I just felt awful.  A couple hours later we headed back to my mom's house.  We were stopped at a stoplight and it happened.  I opened the door and started puking.  The light ended up turning green and I closed the door.  My mom pulled over on the side of the road and then I puked out practically the rest of my meal.  It was amazing how much puke there was.  I sure felt better afterwards though.

I thought Hangover 2 was a bust.  I didn't expect it to be as good as the 1st Hangover or anything but I expected it to be better than it was.  It's still worth watching  for some laughs though.

Fellow Lock Elite pro HokieGreg would like people to check out his twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/HokieGregLock

GL at the tables,
Hub

Results:
June 2011:
74.01 hrs played
Pre Rakeback Profit: $12,566.90
Year 2011:
832.86 hrs played
Pre Rakeback Profit: $58,539.96

Year 2010:
1,759.11 hrs
SNG Profit: $134,514.80
Rakeback/Bonuses: $134,412.98
Total Yearly Profit: $268,927.78

Year 2009:
Hours: 1,577.65
SNG Profit: $(22,746.37)
Rakeback/Bonuses: $213,977.09
Total SNG Profit: $191,230.72
Staking: $42,219.80
Total Yearly Profit: $233,450.52

Year 2008 Online:
Hours: 1510.88
SNG Profit: $277,395.86
Rakeback/Bonuses: $178,589.61
Total SNG Profit: $455,985.47
Staking: $121,573.29
Total Yearly Profit: $577,558.76

Year 2007 Online:
Total Online Poker Profit: $251,388.84 (no staking in 2007)
Year 2006 Online:
about $65,000 playing on the side while in college

2 comments:

  1. "they clearly are that dumb"

    You said "nazis" in a previous blog post. As far I'm concerned, I find more regrettable that your government gets involved in a major war every 20 years on average, or that it has de-industrialized your country, or things like that. But seriously, legal poker is far from being the main issue in the USA. A country where the only issue would be that online poker is forbidden would not be a dumb country but paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's your opinion. However, as a professional poker player I think a country with some "amazing government" and no online poker would be flat out terrible. Online poker allows me to make my own schedule, make lots of money, and do something I actually enjoy for a living. I have a passion for online poker. I don't have a passion for sitting in a cubicle selling magazines over the phone. Somehow I doubt that Lebron James is thinking to himself "man I wish I could trade basketball for an amazing government." For the majority of the world your statement holds true but you're talking to the wrong guy.

    GL,
    Hub

    ReplyDelete