Lock Poker Banner

Friday, May 27, 2011

Please Help Pressure Merge to Change Their 6 Player Super Turbo SNG Structure

If you like my blog please click the BlogTopList vote button to the right. This will give my blog a better ranking & help increase traffic to my blog. Thanks.

To signup to play at Lock Poker:
1. Clear cookies & internet history
2. Either click the banner above or 1 of the following links:
http://refer.lockpoker.com/jhub
http://download.lockpoker.com/jhub
Please email me with your screen name at jhub3000@hotmail.com after you signup for an account and make sure that jhub3000@hotmail.com is listed as a safe sender in your email. You can also email me with any questions. Before you begin playing on Lock, or even if you already do play on there, you will probably want to read this post about optimizing the software: http://jhubpoker.blogspot.com/2011/06/making-most-out-of-lock-pokers-software.html


For daily updates & other ramblings please follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/jhubpoker


For those of you viewing on facebook you can visit my blog at jhubpoker.blogspot.com for better viewing.

I made the following post on 2+2 in the Carbon, Lock, & RPM suggestion/feedback threads located in the internet poker forum.  If you agree with my suggestions please quote them on 2+2 & type +1 or email them to your Merge support.  The links to the 2+2 threads are at the bottom of the post:

I really think Merge needs to add some blind levels to their 6 player STs. Considering how ridiculously fast it is right now & how reg infested the games are I'm not even sure if better than 0% is sustainable at medium/high stakes. If top players can't get better than 0% then weaker players will likely go busto pretty fast & no longer be paying rake to the network. I also know of players that were ST regs on FTP that won't even play the current Merge ST structure.  500/1K blinds w/ 6K chips in play is pretty lol, but that's a regularity of the current structure.

Suggestions for blind levels:

50/100
60/120
80/160
100/200
130/260
175/350

Something like that would get the average stack sizes pretty close to the FTP structure. Even just adding level 2 & 3 would be a huge improvement over the current structure.  I would suggest just copying the FTP structure exactly but considering the changes Merge made to their HU structure I assume they want the blinds to be different.

Assuming 6 players, here's a comparison of the current Merge structure ST vs the FTP structure.
Blind Level: Merge avg stack vs FTP avg stack
1. 10bb vs 10bb
2. 5bb vs 7.5bb
3. 3.3bb vs 6bb
4. 2.5bb vs 5bb
5. 1bb vs 3.75bb
6. 0.7bb vs 3bb

As you can see, the differences are quite extreme.  Top players at medium/high stakes generally sustain a 1-2% ROI.  That's in a slower structure and games that are less reg infested.  I think it's pretty clear something needs to be changed here. 

If they keep the structure I think they need to lower the rake. Something like $50+$1.50 instead of $50+$2 would be more reasonable. I think I'd just prefer a better structure w/ the same rake though.

Thanks,
Hub

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/official-carbonpoker-support-thread-us-international-players-welcome-mac-friendly-762175/index603.html

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/lock-poker-lockpoker-982657/index86.html

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/143/rpm-poker/rpm-poker-suggestion-box-472780/index69.html

2 comments:

  1. I basically sent Merge this exact same request. I suggested that they simply mimmic the FTP structure because I think it is the fastest structure available that still yields an acceptable ROI.

    As a professional player coming over from FTP Super Turbos, I have refused to play these games until they're reformed. Good to see that it's more than just me who understands that a change must be made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I've felt this way pretty much the whole time but had no intentions of pushing for it because of my deal with Cake. I had suggested that Cake add the 6 man FTP ST structure, as well as 9 man & HU. I was originally told they would be implemented April 24th. They still haven't been implemented. I thought that could bring some players over from Merge that were unhappy with the structure there. Now that quicktender is gone it's very hard to move money from site to site, & Cake basically missed their opportunity. I have given Cake more than enough time to complete a simple task. While 1 of my goals is to promote Cake, another goal is for me to obviously make a good living off of poker. If Cake isn't going to add the most popular & profitable SNG structures in the world (not only for the player, but for the site) then I'm going to find another site that will.

    GL,
    Hub

    ReplyDelete