Lock Poker Banner

Monday, May 23, 2011

More Indictments

If you like my blog please click the BlogTopList vote button to the right. This will give my blog a better ranking & help increase traffic to my blog. Thanks.

To signup to play at Lock Poker:
1. Clear cookies & internet history
2. Either click the banner above or 1 of the following links:
http://refer.lockpoker.com/jhub
http://download.lockpoker.com/jhub
Please email me with your screen name at jhub3000@hotmail.com after you signup for an account and make sure that jhub3000@hotmail.com is listed as a safe sender in your email. You can also email me with any questions. Before you begin playing on Lock, or even if you already do play on there, you will probably want to read this post about optimizing the software: http://jhubpoker.blogspot.com/2011/06/making-most-out-of-lock-pokers-software.html


For daily updates & other ramblings please follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/jhubpoker


For those of you viewing on facebook you can visit my blog at jhubpoker.blogspot.com for better viewing.

More poker sites got indicted today:
http://www.subjectpoker.com/2011/05/more-gambling-domains-seized/

I guess 1 good thing is that TruePoker has decided to say F U DOJ & continue to serve US residents under a new domain.  If other sites are indicted I wouldn't be surprised to see more do the same since their traffic is mostly US players, whereas US players were only about 30% of the traffic on Pokerstars & FTP.

3 comments:

  1. The key questions here are:

    -What would Cake do if indicted? (Since you have more info on this than most of us)

    -How can US players be sure their funds on Cake/Merge/etc are safe? I mean it appears no funds were seized on True/Doyle's yet, but I'm not sure? What made Stars/FT different, just their size?

    -I need to cash out from Cake but it's taking 1-2 months for people it seems, will I ever see my money before the site's funds are frozen, etc? I sure hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you see this latest round of seizures affecting the games on Merge. From the 2p2 threads, a ton of merge players are freaking out and making a run on cashing out. Part of me thinks/hopes that the only people getting this info are semi-decent players and any of them leaving would help the games. At the same time, US players have run out of options and most regs are gonna chance leaving their rolls online since we dont have many other options for making anywhere close to as much money elswhere. Also, I may be overestimating the skill of the average 2p2er.

    I think a lot of the panic is undeserved, as these indictments were years in the making and youd think if their undercover sting had gotten anything on Merge, they would have been named as well. Still, this is pushing me one step closer to moving to Costa Rica, especially since its looking like Stars is gonna start offering a full range of BIs at their new 9man hypers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much agree with you.

    As far as Costa Rica, I'd probably already be there if I was single. Commuting to Canada is a more realistic future possibility for me.

    GL,
    Hub

    ReplyDelete