Lock Poker Banner

Friday, September 2, 2011

August Monthly Update


If you like my blog please click the BlogTopList vote button to the right. This will give my blog a better ranking & help increase traffic to my blog. Thanks.

To signup to play at Lock Poker:
1. Clear cookies & internet history
2. Either click the banner above or 1 of the following links:
http://refer.lockpoker.com/jhub
Please email me with your screen name at jhub3000@hotmail.com after you signup for an account and make sure that jhub3000@hotmail.com is listed as a safe sender in your email. You can also email me with any questions. Before you begin playing on Lock, or even if you already do play on there, you will probably want to read this post about optimizing the software: http://jhubpoker.blogspot.com/2011/06/making-most-out-of-lock-pokers-software.html


For daily updates & other ramblings please follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/jhubpoker


For those of you viewing on facebook you can visit my blog at jhubpoker.blogspot.com for better viewing.
Hopefully everyone likes that I color coded the intro of every blog entry now.  That should make it easier to read for those of you who are regular readers & don't want to skim through the same stuff every entry.  August was a pretty below avg. month but I still profited over $5K before rakeback and all that jazz so not too bad considering I was down about $10K going into the last week of the month.

Away from the tables it was a good month, as every month in the summer generally is.  We had a bachelor party for our friend Josh where we hung out, did some grilling, bags, went to the bars, etc...  Paula & I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary.  We went to the Dakota country fair.  Personally I'm not a big fair guy but my wife seems to like them so I'll go with her.  To me you basically just walk around, eat a lot of ridiculously unhealthy food that's mostly overrated, drink, and walk into a bunch of buildings you have no interest in cause there's nothing better to do.  That's my summary of state/county fairs. 

We also had a weekend bachelor party for our friend Kyle where we rented a cabin for a weekend.  It was quite the riot & I'll def leave out some details.  Our cabin was right across from a bar so it was a nice location.  We also had a keg for the weekend & plenty of booze, cigars,etc...  We did the standard of grilling, fires, bar, bags,etc...  We also rented a super ghetto pontoon (spelling?  that doesn't look right) & almost sunk it cause we had too many people on it.  Water started coming up and some people had to jump off.  For Saturday I got the shameful award of drunkest person there.  We started drinking about 10 am having a couple bloody mary's w/ breakfast & then went right to the keg.  I don't drink light beer that often anymore.  While darker beer has a higher alcohol content, it always fills you up more & you drink it a lot slower.  Light beer just goes down like water & let's just say I wasn't really paying too much attention to pacing myself.  I just don't have the tolerance like I did in college & high school anymore either. 

The next weekend I was in my friend Chris's wedding so we had our groom's dinner & rehearsal Friday night, enjoying some drinks & amazing Italian food his mom cooked up.  The wedding was super laid back & only lasted 14 min from the time we started walking in.  That's the way I like it.  The reception was a great time.

We also went to our 1st Saint Paul Saints game, which is a minor league baseball team.  It was pretty fun & I'll prolly go again. 

Lastly, we went to the state fair & then a Toby Keith & Eric Church concert, which was a father's day gift from my 4 legged son Gunnar.  Since he gives such good gifts we were in the 8th row so we had great seats.  Eric Church was pretty good & Toby Keith was great.  Thanks Gunnar!

Curb Your Enthusiasm has been great so far this season.  It's 1 show that just seems to get better as the seasons go on.  Larry David is hilarious.  It's definitely my favorite comedy TV show of all time.

It sucks that the summer is over.  At least the NFL & Dexter (best TV show all time) will be starting.  I have 3 fantasy football drafts on Labor Day.  Then it's time for watching the NFL in my sick man cave setup, although I might be watching the 1st week or 2 away from home due to weddings.  My picks for the super bowl are Patriots in AFC & Saints or Falcons in NFC.  Of course I'm no expert & things usually don't workout as people predict.

At the beginning of October my wife & I will be heading to Europe so I might not do my September update til mid October if I don't have time at the end of September.  Once we get back from Europe I plan on playing some Canterbury Fall Classic (http://www.canterburypark.com/Poker/FallPokerClassic/tabid/146/Default.aspx) events in MN.  Here's the events I plan on playing:

Oct 11: $200 NL Holdem (if home in time)
Oct 13: $500 6 Handed NL Holdem
Oct 14: $500 NL Holdem
Oct 15: $1,000 NL Championship (2 Day Event)

I plan on going w/ my brother Jeff (hubs89) & a possible a couple friends (voss1313 & Skapman33).

The Lock store in now up & functioning.  Let me know if you'd like to see them add anything.  Lock also now has double VIP points every Friday starting today.

I'm getting an official website made by http://www.pokerfacepr.com/ that should be done in the near future.  It will combine my blog, twitter, media, bio,etc...

Results:
August 2011:
139.3 hrs
SNG Profit: $5,209.04

Year 2011:
Pre Rakeback/Bonus SNG Profit: $75,357.03

Year 2010:
1,759.11 hrs
SNG Profit: $134,514.80
Rakeback/Bonuses: $134,412.98
Total Yearly Profit: $268,927.78


Year 2009:
Hours: 1,577.65
SNG Profit: $(22,746.37)
Rakeback/Bonuses: $213,977.09
Total SNG Profit: $191,230.72
Staking: $42,219.80
Total Yearly Profit: $233,450.52


Year 2008 Online:
Hours: 1510.88
SNG Profit: $277,395.86
Rakeback/Bonuses: $178,589.61
Total SNG Profit: $455,985.47
Staking: $121,573.29
Total Yearly Profit: $577,558.76


Year 2007 Online:
Total Online Poker Profit: $251,388.84 (no staking in 2007)
Year 2006 Online:
about $65,000 playing on the side while in college

4 comments:

  1. Howdy, have u seen this? http://www.subjectpoker.com/2011/09/doj-merge/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    The opinions of some people at Lock are that the article was planted by a Merge competitor. If people panick & cashout of Merge many will go to competitors. There really isn't much there in the article. It never even states that the DOJ is trying to shut down any Merge sites. Rather, it says they are going after the processors. Sites have survived such actions in the past. The source has also confirmed he does not work for the DOJ & is a 2+2 poster. Again, we don't think there's any truth to the article.

    The type of DOJ investigation that would lead to an indictment takes years to put together. If there was such an investigation it would have made more sense for the DOJ to indict Merge around the same time as the New York & Maryland indictments were unsealed. Waiting & delaying could only hurt their chances of a succesful prosecution & the chances of a large seizure of funds. Also, the fact that there was no leak of any information about the earlier indictments makes this leak even more unlikely. The only reason for somebody in the DOJ to leak such info would be to help poker players & alert them so that they could withdraw funds. If that is the person's attentions who allegedly leaked the Merge DOJ info then why didn't they leak anything before the indictments of the big 3? It just doesn't add up.

    I am confident that the publishers of the article thought they were doing the right thing & helping players. The problem is there was no way for them to really confirm the source aside from asking the DOJ, which they obviously weren't going to do. In reality the article likely just caused a bunch of panic withdrawals, which really doesn't even make sense because if the article were true on the time of DOJ actions the withdraw money would be seized before it reached the player. I have already stated I find the article to be false info, but even if it were true & they went after the processors then withdrawing would be the worst option as your money would be much safer on Merge.

    Hopefully this instills more confidence in the players at Lock and other Merge sites. I think the passage of time absent any DOJ action will show the article to be false & lead players back.

    Thanks & gl,
    Hub

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, hopefully untrue, there was a guy on Twitter a month or so ago saying Pokerstars was going to pull out of Australia August 31. He claimed he would bet $100000 that he was right. I'm Australian so was very concerned(pokerstars denied anything was happening at the time), of course nothing happened, business as usual, wish someone had taken the bet LOL, gl at the tables.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya I forgot to mention the quadjacks article too. This summer quadjacks came out with an article saying that Merge was going to be shut down by the DOJ in 2 weeks. 2 weeks came and went and nothing happened. They were likely either trying to drive traffic to their site or getting info planted by a Merge competitor.

    GL,
    Hub

    ReplyDelete